Gallery of past work

Monday 8 July 2013

Workshop on the Web

 

I subscribe to Maggie Grey's Workshop on the Web and recommend it most highly.

It's published quarterly exclusively on the internet. In each edition there are workshops provided by well-known tutors from all around the world - and available at any time so there is no pressure to complete a workshop on a given day or before a time deadline.

The techniques covered include machine embroidery, hand stitching, and a wide range of mixed media and there are opportunities to explore the use of metals and the latest developments in our field. There are step-by-step details for the techniques and ideas are given for using them creatively ... all a great deal for £20 ...!

From the current edition which was published in June, I have every intention of trying Sherrill Kahn's workshop on Thermofax printing - something I've been wanting to try for ages.

This IssueAnd ... there's a special offer! If you join now, there's a promotion - you'll receive Lynda Monk's and Carol McFee's book 'Stitching the Textured Surface' free - wherever you live in the world. I've got it and it's a really interesting book.

If you're still not sure about this idea, you can investigate the website via the link above and you can even try a free taster to see whether it is for you or not.

I really hope you decide to join..!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.