Gallery of past work

Friday 20 December 2013

Black and white and framed again

And here is another piece of the Cotswold Hills in black and white pattern. I have in my minds eye the patterns of footpaths, hedgerows and contours as they wind across the hills close to my house and - as seen from the air as birds might fly - haphazard and somewhat random.


It's similar to the last - framed and still small but this time with a printed motif to suggest stone walls. I gave the last to a friend - always a pleasure.

This time it's to be a small present for my son. I just hope he likes it ...

11 comments:

  1. It looks good in its frame - I too hope your son likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful piece. Looks terrific framed! Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you - so would I, dare I say it - but then I'm biased!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm sure that your son will love it. I really like the seemingly randomness of the marks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maggi. The effect of randomness was what I was after - though I had to think about it as I did it!

      Delete
  5. I like this piece AND the framing. Your description of your inspiration makes me want to get outside and go for a hike! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No hiking round here this Christmas - very strong winds and lots of rain forecast - not even any snow to make everywhere look beautiful.

      Delete
  6. A very evocative little piece, Margaret. I'm sure your son will love it! Have a happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't know it but I'm trying him out for a much larger piece. I know just where it could go in his house ... we'll see ...!

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.