Gallery of past work

Friday 3 October 2014

Bridge over the Delaware

We found a pretty iron bridge over the Delaware River in the eastern United States on our recent trip and I was fascinated by the crisp, dark shadows cast in the hot sunshine. I took many photos.

Looking along the bridge ...


... and with my camera turned at right angles ...


... and ...


These, together with other photos taken on our trip, are sparking lots of new ideas for me - and sometimes (though not always) a change from trees. 

I've already begun to experiment with stitch on two of these bridge images and I'll post any results that seems interesting.


8 comments:

  1. un filet ..un tissage.. un travail en devenir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh bien! Un filet .. et puis peut-ĂȘtre, un tissage ou un broderie main. Actuellement, tout s'est possible. Je dois expĂ©rimenter beaucoup ...

      Delete
  2. wow, yes, tons of inspiration here!! It sort of has a shibori feel to it as well. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An interesting thought ... I hadn't thought shibori ... more possibilities!

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, I can certainly see how these may inspire your work - look forward to seeing where it takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shadows, silhouettes and black and white ... I can't get away from it all right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those lovely grids and lines, and all that play with negative space - hours of endless fun, I should think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have it to a tee!
      So far, I've tried disrupting the firm grid lines with wandering machine stitch but so much more to come! Will post the results when I find the time to do so - visitors again just now.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.