Gallery of past work

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Spring Sunshine and Snowdrops

Today was a beautiful, gentle early spring day and a wonderful chance to see the snowdrops which flower in such profusion each year all around the grounds of Lydiard House near Swindon, only about 12 miles from where we live.




We have our four year old granddaughter staying this week for the half term holiday.. She cycled and we strolled in the warm afternoon sunshine. What a pleasure it was and what a lovely hint of the spring warmth to come!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lovely outing....we have spring weather here also,in Victoria, B.C., and it is such a treat! And to have your little granddaughter along too, making memories.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a dear little thing - and loves anything to do with 'crafting' so we have a lot of fun together. Yesterday was a great pleasure. I can just imagine what Victoria is like right now - very similar, I'm sure.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I am so envious of your weather !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last two days have been just lovely - warm, gentle sunshine and the early spring flowers blooming. My granddaughter and I even found some primroses flowering beside a low wall in our garden this afternoon.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.