Gallery of past work

Thursday 21 May 2015

True blues

I was told the other day by a scientist friend of mine that the true blues in the colour spectrum are really what is called cyan blue such as we now find used in the computer printer - so here I give a small and random selection of strong, bright 'true' blue.

The first few come from my archives, mostly involving use of  image manipulation, and include two colour experiments with Photoshop Elements.


Some paper tearing fun using paper rollered (brayered) with pure acrylic colour and enhanced a little (and that I could have posted on almost all the Roy colour posts).


And a little acrylic ink colour test exercise from way back ...


The next four were taken when visiting our son and his family in Reigate, Surrey, first of all fairground fun ...


The alkanet (a tall and hairy relative of the Forget-me-not) flowering in hedgerows all around the town ...


And blue doors - there seemed to be lots in Reigate ...



The last I spied when I was driving through the southern Cotswolds near Cirencester.


If you're not sure why blue is my theme for this post, details of Roy G Biv searches can be found here.


18 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret- What a fun selection of "true" blues! I especially like the blue doors. Thanks for playing!-Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. There were an amazing number of blue doors in the streets around where our son lives. I could have included another half dozen!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic variety of blues, Charlton. I really love the top photoshop pieces and the the blue doors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharmon for your comments. The Photoshop pieces were a lovely reminder of the pleasure of colour in amongst all the black, grey and white I seem to be using at present.

      Delete
  3. I especially love those photoshopped images. Brilliant color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Connie - great fun to do and I have several versions in other colour ways and even in black and white ...

      Delete
  4. grest images, especially the last 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. That fairground equipment brings happy memories.

      Delete
  5. Ohhh yes ... love those first 2 photos ... brilliant ... love cyan !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cyan too - so vivid and a great contrast with other colours ... Even black and white!

      Delete
  6. I'm in love with that blue door! The first photos are fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were another half dozen blue doors in the streets as I walked home from the park with my grandson but he lost patience before I could photograph them!

      Delete
  7. What wonderful splashes of blue, in both your experimenting/work/play & found during your travels! It looks like you've been enjoying time in the studio & on the road : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very many thanks, Lisa. Good to hear from you. I so enjoyed your soft gentle blues - just on my way over to leave a comment.

      Delete
  8. I once spent a semester abroad in the Cotswolds. Such a vibrant part of England. Love the blue doors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cotswolds is indeed a beautiful part of England. There are still quiet, unspoilt corners along with the pretty villages, lovely old houses and wonderful views for which the area is known. We are very lucky to to live here.

      Delete
  9. ces bleus sont superbe... mais le 'myosotis' ..je craque...souvenir d'enfance...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Le petit myosotis (plus petit que celui-ci) - c'est pour moi un souvenir de ma grandmère ... gentille et chaleureuse ... et très chère. Je craque aussi ...

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.