Gallery of past work

Tuesday 10 January 2017

On the Doorstep

After listening to a talk today about using the local environment as inspiration for textile artwork wherever you may be, I came home and thought ... and searched through my many photographs of local hedgerows and trees to see what, if anything, would inspire me. I came up with this random selection, all of which I have begun to manipulate in Adobe Photoshop, turning them to monochrome.

First of all, two photos from just down the road ...




And then one from a little further afield, on Marlborough Downs ...


These are early thoughts for a new approach to using black and white and my photographs. They may lead nowhere, be cropped and abstracted, or worked as is. Time will tell. 

Meanwhile, back to the work from last year. There is so much more that I want to do, many ideas undeveloped or, as yet, unresolved. 

The New Year blues have evaporated. Why did I fret?









3 comments:

  1. les arbres en rythme..qui rythment aussi mes créations.. beau!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful path you are on with these... And hurray for black & white replacing the (New Year) blues! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lisa. Trees - in rows, groups and singly - have always fascinated me, especially in skeleton form without their leaves. They are one of the joys of winter for me.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.