Gallery of past work

Wednesday 2 November 2016

Points of View Update

I've been getting ready for Great Western Embroiderers' Points of View exhibition in The John Bowen Gallery, Malmesbury which opens this Saturday, 5 November.


The photo above shows a small selection of work by members other than myself and gives a flavour of what will be on show. I met yesterday with friend, Ruth Hayman, to do a mock up of the hanging. We are an extremely disparate group and we complete work in a wide range of styles. 

This time, members have entered around 50 pieces so quite a lot of thought is needed to ensure that each piece is shown to best advantage. I wonder how many pieces will actually hang in the places we've planned!

Further details of Points of View can be found in What's On on the Town Hall site and in the poster in the side bar here on my blog. The exhibition runs from Saturday 5 to Thursday 24 November and details of how to find the Town Hall are given on the official website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.